Saturday, March 13, 2010

More Incredibly Cool Stuff

OK, check it out...

Some incredibly clever people at the University of Utah's Genetic Science Learning Center created a web page that shows the scale of everything from a coffee bean to a carbon atom. It's laid out so that when a slide bar is moved, the screen zooms in on progressively smaller and smaller objects. Once you get bored with zooming in on cells, nucleotides, and molecules, there's a nice explanation of how tiny microns, nanometers, angstroms, and picometers are, and some additional information on the size of cells and their components. I've included a link to the site in my Extremely Cool Links list, on the right side of the screen.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it's cool! For myself I started looking around for other stuff since I'm not interested in coffee any way.. :)

    ReplyDelete