Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Twenty Sites, No Problems

I wasn't expecting this to be here, but once again, the electrons are not cooperating. I have an account on pbworks that allows quick and dirty construction of wikis, but their HTML editor is now having fits and refusing to accept the code from embedded widgets. As a result, I have been commanded to move everything over here to my blog.

Since a blog doesn't (under most circumstances) include tables, it isn't organized very well. The links were easy--they're listed on the right side of the page. The embedded "widgets" were a bit more complicated, which is why a few of them are in this post, and the rest are below the Extremely Cool Links. Here's one, a Flickr Slideshow of some of my historical reenacting photos:



Another is a PowerPoint presentation I created recently for my US History students on the Cold War in America:




I'm required to add a YouTube video. I haven't had time to create YouTube content of my own, but this is a rather nice example of what someone else (photographer SNJacobson), new to both video cameras and Windows MovieMaker, can create:



TED (Technology, Entertainment, Design) is a non-profit that puts on conferences full of interesting people talking about interesting things. These talks are recorded, then uploaded to their site for people to download, embed, or watch. This particular one is Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the author of HTML, discussing the year open data went world-wide:



or some reason, HMTL editors and HTML code acts strangely on occasion, depending on the mood of the Internet. Things don't size themselves correctly, or embedded objects don't update as they should. That's life in the InterWebz.


No comments:

Post a Comment